Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Art Teachers - Carol & Diane

The essence of all art is to have pleasure in giving pleasure. - Baryshnikov

We've been to slumber parties, on band trips, were both sopranos in swing choir, involved in class plays, sat in the same classrooms and even walked together at graduation, but who'd have guessed all those years ago that Carol and I would both become art teachers.
Carol and I are now both bloggers. We started our blogs the same day this summer and have connected again after all these years, sharing our ups and downs, art and activites, memories and moments in our lives via our blogs. She's only an e-mail away. Carol gave me kudos on her blog today so I'm returning the recognition right back at her. S. Freud said, "When inspiration does not come to me, I go halfway to meet it." Thanks Carol for meeting me halfway.
Art teachers are great collaborators, we search for that impromptu opportunity that sparks a light in someones eye, allowing students to search for different approaches, we're easily inspired and hope to be inspiring to others.

Photos: Carol and I in junior high, high school and a couple reunion photos since then in the mix too.























The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery. - Sir Francis Bacon

1 comment:

Carol said...

You are too cool!!!! I seriously must be altered....I don't remember how I did start the blogging thing. I got attached to the site of Audrey Caroline that I have on my list of favorites, and then you must have mentioned it....anyway, I AM altered, I HAVE been altered, and isn't it wonderful? Love, Carol

http://carolchil.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails