Thursday, February 19, 2009

Among the Angels

“And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with Me in paradise.” Luke 23:43
Embraced by God, my friend, JoAnn Butler, was welcomed to into Heaven early this morning. She is free of the pain and struggles she had here on earth during her battle with cancer the last two and a half years. Her husband and three adult children were with her as she peacefully passed away at home.
In 2007 a group of teachers at school walked in the Cancer Relay for Life walk in Waverly, IA, honoring Jo.
L to R: Carrie, Dawn, Jo B., Diane, Alicia, Jo D., and Jamie in our “Team Butler Cleaning up Cancer” t-shirts and aprons.
I met Jo when she interviewed me for my job here at Denver 20 years ago. She was my middle school principal for 19 years and is being remembered by many students, Denver staff members and friends.

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. ~From a headstone in Ireland

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails