Friday, August 15, 2008

Steve's Caringbridge

Left: Yosemite National Park

I sent my blog URL out to different people when I started doing this and one person I sent it to was our former exchange student, Carmen from Chile. She lived with our family back in 1972. Carmen and her husband Dennis live in New Zealand now, where they own a translation business. She summed up my enjoyment of writing this blog in an e-mail I received from her this morning. She said my writing on Steve's Caringbridge site for so long gave me lots of practice. How true she is, also reminds me of how tough it was to stop writing once he died. I had written on that for 2 1/2 years so it was also a kind of therapy for me, being able to connect with everyone and share the joys and struggles our family went through with Steve's battle. The best part of a Caringbridge site is the number of people you can keep informed of things. You start to forget who you've told something to and I know people don't want to bother you by asking, especially when things aren't going well. The guestbook messages were special to our whole family including Steve.
Anyway, I said I'd pass on some photographs Steve took on the blog, so here are some for you to enjoy and if you knew him, remember him by.

Right: Kings Canyon National Park

Below: Mirror Lake at Yosemite National Park.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails